Friday, July 8, 2016

Starlight Hall

A starry messenger paid me a call, clad in livery silver and gray
A servant of Starlight Hall, and sent from far away
To invite me to the Starlight Ball, could I but discern the way
An affair which is, if I recall, quite the elegant soiree

“We are going,” said Daisy, “to dance, damn your hide.”
“So where do we find this manse, this Starlight Hall?” she cried
Glancing at me askance; she surely would have known if I lied
And as I treasure our romance, I left her misty-eyed

“She is a gem in the diadem of a mountain of stars,” I say
“By a crystalline spring and waterfall, at the end of Starlight Way
Down any road you’ve ever travelled, as clear as a stellar ray
Starlight Hall by the Waterfall is ever hidden away.”

So I did take Daisy dancing after all
For a few enchanted hours at Starlight Hall
Daisy in her silky gown of gossamer and thistledown
We danced the Starlight Minuet, and I can hear the haunting music yet

No comments:

Post a Comment